Denise Goldberg's blog

Feeding an addition
Rolling on 2 wheels from home to Portsmouth & back again

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A mapped voyage

...home to Portsmouth to home

My bike says that she doesn't need a map; we've wandered these roads before, and we can ride them once more from memory.

I live in northeastern Massachusetts, not too far from that large rolling body of water known as the Atlantic Ocean, and Portsmouth is the furthest point east and north along the New Hampshire coast. It should be easy - just pull out of my door, ride straight east until I hit the coast, then turn left to head to the north and east with the water on my right. Then - just reverse direction the next day. Easy...

It's not quite as easy as it sounds since the roads from home to the coast do a bit of wandering. I'll have a local map with me, but I'll probably let my bike navigate on her own. If she wants help she can always ask!